Thursday 31 October 2013

Seo In Guk’s First Movie Role in ‘No Breathing’

From singing to acting... Seo In Guk now has a new dream.

The movie "No Breathing" is attracting a lot of attention simply because of the three main actors: the ever popular Seo In Guk and Lee Jong Suk, and Girls' Generation Yuri. The movie is about high school swimmers and their growing pains. Won Il (Seo In Guk) is a gifted swimmer, but has always distanced himself from the water. Woo Sang (Lee Jong Suk) is one of the top swimming stars. The two swimmers compete against each other. Jung Eun (Kwon Yuri)has a loving friendship with these two. The three youths learn to get over their past scars.

Following his appearance in the musical "Gwanghwamun Sonata," Seo In Guk is still receiving offers to star in other musicals. He said, "Until there is no more opportunity for me to do so, I will continue to act." Seo In Guk debuted in the music world through "Superstar K." He then went on to show off his acting skills in the dramas "Reply 1997," "Rascal Sons," and "The Master's Sun." His next movie "No Breathing," is a phrase in the swimming world that means one doesn't stop to take breaths and keeps on swimming, not unlike his continued activities in the music and acting industry.

Like Us on Facebook :

This movie will be the second opportunity for Seo In Guk to play a high school student, following his role in "Reply 1997." He said, "The character is very charismatic, and I didn't see a reason to reject the role just because he's a high school student. My elders advised that it's a role I can't do later on, even if I want to."

There's been talk that this movie is more for the fangirls. Seo In Guk said, "I know there's a 'Could that really happen' aspect, and the story includes fate, rivalry, and a love triangle. It's right up there for things youths can relate to. Don't forget there's a visual aspect to it, too, since it features tall and toned swimmers. But there is also the story of Won Il and Woo Sang overcoming their individual obstacles. The story is relatable for anyone, not just fangirls."

Since the movie is about swimming, he had to reveal his body. He said, "I was tremendously stressed out. Lee Jong Suk and Shin Min Chul are both models, so they have really nice bodies. Compared to them, my body looks so thick. I don't even have good proportions. I had to keep telling myself to just focus on my acting."

When asked about whether or not he was scared of the water, Seo In Guk answered, "Ever since I was young, I enjoyed playing in the water. I would even swim with my friends in high school. But it's a completely different thing to swim as an athlete. In my first practice, I had a hard time swimming half the length of a 25m pool. I thought I was going to die whenever we filmed at the pool."

Because the character in the movie is a swimming genius, Seo In Guk had to do some research. "I watched the video of Michael Phelps very carefully. While filming the movie, he was my role model. I don't know if it helped at all, but I really tried my best to imitate him."

When asked about his dreams, and whether they've expanded since he debuted, he answered, "The funny thing is, it doesn't just end with achieving a dream. When I finally reached the goal of becoming a singer, my dream expanded with the desire to sing alongside certain singers. When I started acting, my dream was to continue producing great works. When I was younger I would play those chance games, and always get a dud. That's why I always thought I had no luck. But now that I start working, that's not the case. Life is quite the rollercoaster for me."



No comments:

Post a Comment