Friday 25 October 2013

Can Kahi Make it as a Solo Star?

I know I'm jumping late onto the Kahi boat, but I just found time to sit down and watch Kahi's solo debut single, "It's Me" featuring Dumbfoundead. For starters, I was surprised that I actually loved the song. I had no idea exactly what I was expecting from her when I sat down to watch the video, but I know I wasn't expecting this R&B pop track from her. The chorus is catchy, the song is sexy, and Dumbfoundead's verse in the single makes it that much more appealing.

As for the new look she's going for-I dig it. I love this hipster NYC look she's rocking and I love that she didn't go for outfits that made her look over the top too sexy. With a figure like hers, it's easy to go down that route and I'm happy that she stuck to this East Village style that I absolutely adore on her. Her hair is immaculate, her body is in tip top shape, and I'm loving the entire feel of this new Kahi.

Like Us on Facebook :

Is the music video anything to write home about? Absolutely not. But it's chill, it seems very Kahi, it's casual, it's cool, and it's a quite little pow into her solo career. Overall, I'm a huge fan of this solo debut. While I've always loved Kahi, I don't know how she'll do as a solo singer. Though she led her ladies well in After School well for the time that she did, she's never been a stand-out entertainer. Sure she can dance but so can everyone else in the industry. Sure she's beautiful, but so is everyone else in the industry. Her pipes aren't strong enough to compete with the likes of Ailee or IU and her personality isn't as likeable and popularity as a Hyori. I'm most definitely interested in seeing how far she can go and hopefully she'll prove me wrong.

What are your thoughts on her solo debut?

[embedded content]



No comments:

Post a Comment