Friday 9 August 2013

Horror flick The Webtoon unleashes spine-chilling trailer

So usually I'll watch a movie trailer and look for things to like about it, sometimes very readily and at other times with effort, in my lifelong goal of hoping for the best. It doesn't always work out, but it's a worthy pursuit, I think.

That said, after seeing the trailer for upcoming serial killer movie The Webtoon: Foretold Murder, I am definitely, positively determined never to see this movie. Heebie-jeebies galore. I don't care if it stars Lee Shi-young (as a horror webtoon artist) and Eom Ki-joon (as a cop investigating a murder copycatting the webtoon storyline), because I'm pretty sure this movie would give me nightmares for days. One month of imagining The Ring's creepy ghost girl popping out of every monitor I encountered was enough paranoia for a lifetime.

Naturally, my first instinct was to share. Enjoy!

[embedded content]

I realize that's sort of like biting into something awful, exclaiming how very awful it is, and then insisting, "Now YOU try it!" But you know, shared experience can be meaningful and bonding and important, and also I'm taking you down with me.

Now, the story itself doesn't sound especially novel—it calls to mind American TV show Heroes, with the drawing of ghastly murder scenes before they happen—but it's got that extra twist of grisliness Asian cinema does so well. And sure, there's a chance this movie might be awful and fade away and become just one in a sea of B-list horror flicks. Still, the artwork is interesting (in a macabre way) and the movie has taken pains to render the real-life scenes in close imitation of the drawings; they manage to preserve that cartoon feel but in a realistic way. It's kind of cool. (I'm still not going to watch it.)

The Webtoon: Foretold Murder will release in late June.

Via Star News

RELATED POSTS

  • Lee Shi-young and Eom Ki-joon's murder mystery
  • Lee Shi-young earns spot on national boxing team
  • The Virus: Episode 1
  • Trailer and stills for contagion thriller The Virus
  • Lee Shi-young's quirky new rom-com
  • Wild Romance: Episode 1
[embedded content]
Tags: Eom Ki-joon, Lee Shi-young


No comments:

Post a Comment