Friday 30 August 2013

Dave Chappelle Melts Down Onstage Over Nonstop Heckling!

dave chappelle stfu

Dave Chappelle may be a comic genius, but there's one part of comedy he just can't seem to get past- the audience.

The comedian famously walked away from his mega-hit Chappelle's Show in 2006, never fully explaining why he left, leaving many to speculate it was spurred by a series of disheartening fan interactions.

Well, Dave left no questions as to why he was upset at his Hartford, Connecticut show on Thursday night. The comic stopped his act after only a few minutes to lecture the audience on their heckling.

Then he simply sat on a stool and waited out his booked time. He was quoted as saying:

"I f**ked up when I left my show, you know why? 'Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television. I could've went on television, I could've read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would've got 50 million dollars. I shoulda done that sh*t but my ego wouldn't let me. Tonight is different. Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left. and when my 3 minutes is up, my ass is gone."

We understand comedy club crowds can get pretty unruly, especially a few cocktails in, but isn't that par for the course?

When you're paid to do stand up comedy, shouldn't you at least, ya know, stand up?

A lot of the audience thought so. Dozens demanded a refund after the silent show.

Tags: audience, chappelles show, comedian, comedy, dave chappelle, funny, gifs, hecklers, meltdown, onstage



No comments:

Post a Comment