Sunday 29 September 2013

[Live Recap] “Master’s Sun” Episode 12

To a certain extent, in the back of your subconscious, you wait for the other shoe to drop during the happiest moments. For these two, that thought hasn’t even occurred to them. Life has dealt them some heavy blows in the past so I bet they thought they earned this right to be happy together. They weren’t all wrong. Even though they inadvertently became each other’s safety nets, ready to catch when the other falls, what they didn’t count on was life testing them once more. Fate decided to play a really bad joke and took away a net to see how brave they could be without it. Maybe I’m in denial here about what I saw tonight, but I am fervently hoping it was an illusion – something to test Gong Sil’s faith and ours. For all the fans of this drama, all I can tell you is to focus on what we had so far and cling to the belief that there just has to be a clever twist to all of this. I chose to remain hopeful as I watched the first half again. When Joong Won silently went back in her home to be her bunker before she even dared to ask him, I knew he not only came a long way emotionally, but that he was thoroughly invested in this relationship. Gone is the man who stood still like a statue each time she clung to him out of fear. Not only does he know how to hold onto her too, he reaches out to her every chance he gets. Gong Sil is still afraid to do it out of giving him more to fear, but every time Joong Won pets her hair, I feel like he is getting one step closer to becoming the person he was before that incident. He is bravely learning to love again. Forget the words of denial that still come out of his mouth from time to time, more and more his actions are contradicting them. It was always difficult to pinpoint who was the bigger hero in this story, but I think the credit goes to both of them. Gong Sil for overcoming her obstacles one day at a time and Joong Won for having the courage to push aside his trauma to fight his way through it. I have no idea how tonight’s ending will play out until the next episode, but there is one hope I am holding onto with all my might – that no matter what happens – we get more of these quiet heroic moments.

주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[20-00-01]

Written before it aired:

Has a reflection ever said so much with just a look without a single word spoken? I bet Joong Won didn’t like the man he was staring at. The expression on his face was a mixture of guilt, remorse, and longing. This was the guy who didn’t hold on to her when he should have and sent her off crying alone. He broke her heart and didn’t take that extra step to go comfort her right away. He definitely wasn’t the one who has been trying to read again -a feat only Gong Sil could make happen. In every aspect, Gong Sil was the driving force that has been making him change for the better. He doesn’t just see dollar signs anymore and sees people through the eyes of compassion. As soon as he touched those books, it’s like he was reminded of what Gong Sil has done for him. She made him let go of his trauma a bit to give himself the chance to escape the prison he kept himself in all these years. She opened his eyes and made him realize that by not reading again, he was letting his abductors win and continue to traumatize him. The key to opening those invisible bars was inside him all along, but he just needed the motivation to grab it and free himself. I bet he impulsively ran after her cuz he didn’t like being the person who hurt her. He had to amend his wrong even that late at night. I kept wondering if he meant all along to kiss her, but being the smart guy that he is, I think he saw that opening when Gong Sil pretended to be possessed by a ghost. He knew he could outsmart her and use that same line he said to the walnut ghost lady. This might be an odd thing to say about a kiss, but in that moment, I think for the first time Joong Won felt triumphant. This was way better than when he felt relief from getting everything off his chest and telling her how much he missed her while he was away. For the sole reason that this was Joong Won acting on his own with no restrictions and limitations - following his heart to the fullest and savoring his little moment of victory.

 Main Cast:

Episode 12 

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-11-39]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-11-50]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-19-25]

Starts from the kiss. He hugs her and pets her hair slowly. Joong Won: if the ghost is gone and only Tae Gong Sil is left – listen well. seeing how you couldn’t do it openly and used the excuse of being a ghost, I still believe that you don’t want me to get lost for real. we started this cuz you said you could handle it. if you raise your hand saying it’s hard on you it will end like this, so what will you do now. He makes her face him. she says something came inside and left for a short while. thanks for chasing it away. Joong Won: thank goodness you came back safely. she asks why did you come here. Joong Won: “I decided – next” you said it was your home. did you decide your home as the location for our first date? it sure is bolder than I thought. He smirks and walks off

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-21-14]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-26-00]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-24-10]

He goes inside so she asks where are you going. I said I was going to my home I wasn’t inviting you. Joong Won: when you barged into my home I don’t remember inviting you. we (are so close that we) shared the same bed at the first visit so what invitation. he looks around and asking where should I sit. she says don’t sit and just go. Joong Won: is this all of it? there really is no place for a ghost to hide. he sees her underwear so she quickly puts it away. he sits on her bed asking is it ok to sit here? Gong Sil: I heard everything you said. I want to be safe too so go. Joong Won: I didn’t come in for me to be in danger. (referring to this situation where they could sleep together) should I have prepared and come in? I’m not ready yet. Gong Sil: you are the one who made it dangerous a while ago-you did that a while ago (kiss her). Joong Won: a while ago that was to chase away an urgent ghost that came in. that’s all. Gong Sil: is that so? to chase away a ghost - a finger or toe or lips are all the same. even if you grazed my cheek it would have been the same. I don’t have the pride to turn you down nor do I have a heart that is upset. when I am scared to death where would those things be. Joong Won: I am like that too- my heart keeps going to you so it’s upsetting and not being able to control that hurts my pride. so I am scared to death too. I’m scared but I came so don’t chase me out. I’m inside so saying this is weird but invite me in. I saw you last time in your office when you gathered ghosts and served them coffee, give me a cup too. Gong Sil: Ok I will give you something really bitter that you like so that it’s not sweet at all. Joong Won: thanks for knowing my taste. she goes to make it. he tells the stuffed animal “I was invited - there is no space so get lost.” he knocks it off the bed.

Sung Ran is meeting with Kim. Sung Ran: she doesn’t love him so much she could die -without any pride why is she sticking next to our Joong Won’s side? Kim explains people are talking that the dead Hee Joo is a curse for Joogoon. Tae Yang said it was a scar. I see her as someone who can treat that. Sung Ran: with what can she treat Joong Won’s scars? Kim: to treat the scar you have to get close, but Joogoon wont let anyone by his side. if he chases them away they come again. if he gets them away they stick to him again, not just anyone can do that. Sung Ran: are you saying she worked so hard to capture Joong Won’s heart. a scar? from what I can see she caught Joong Won’s weakness. Kim: she did capture his heart. to make an exit for him to run away he is making calculations for it. Sung Ran: then he is thinking of coming out? Kim: he trusted there is an exit and went inside but little by little he will taste death (meaning he will have a harder time cuz he will be in love)

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-54-30]

Joong Won looks around and asks before you met me you lived hiding in this tiny place (the size of the palm of your hand). Gong Sil: yes this was where my heart was the most at ease. He opens her fridge and sees beer cans. you cant drink alcohol though. she says those are Kang Woo’s not mine. his jealousy radar goes off and Joong Won asks: why is Kang team leader’s beers coming out of your fridge in your room? Gong Sil: we often have one out on the deck out front – so that’s it comfortable to get we leave it there. Joong Won: you often have beer with Kang team leader out front on the deck. at that time what do you do? Gong Sil: since I cant drink alcohol I drink cider. Joong Won: there is no room in your small fridge so you probably cant hold onto Kang team leader’s beers too. He pulls them out but she says I have plenty of room to hold onto Kang Woo’s beers so put them back. he shakes up the beer cans and puts it back. he says I deposited a lot of money into your account so instead of a small gositel move to a better place. Gong Sil: I told you -this place puts my heart at ease the most. He goes over and sits asking Kang team leader gets paid a lot so why is he living in a gositel. Gong Sil: he is looking into getting an apartment. Joong Won is happy and says he is? she gets a text from Kang Woo and runs off telling him to eat the fruit and stay here. he asks where are you going leaving behind your guest. she says there is coffee and fruit so just eat that and stay. He mutters the name clearly was two words -is it Kang Woo? He looks at her text and it’s long so he doesn’t read it. what am I doing now.

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-55-41]

Joong Won enlists the help of the kids and asks the older one to read the last text message. he offers a toy for the brother to buy at kingdom’s kids mall with his business card. take this there and get whatever you want. the kid thanks him and asks you are a grownup but don’t you know hangul? Joong Won says I can read English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, but cuz of a situation I don’t read hangul. read it. the boy says ok and reads the text message aloud “Tae Gong Sil si – I have a favor to ask - they said it will rain tonight – please take down the blanket hanging out to dry on the roof. don’t do the recycling alone. I love you.” Joong Won gives the kid an alarmed look and asks what? the kid read one word wrong and corrects himself “do it with me.” Joong Won: you scared me. He mutters is Tae gong Sil even taking down Kang candy’s blanket that he covers himself with? should I just buy up this entire building? the kid asks are you the president ajussi? Joong Won: why? did Tae Gong Sil say anything about the president? the kid says yes. Gong Sil noona said the president was the most special person in the world. Joong Won is pleased to hear that. since you guys are young you are probably honest and sincere. just to get a toy you wouldn’t sweet talk. he gives the kids more business cards – instead of just toys you can use it to buy anything you want. the kid just looks at him so Joong Won keeps putting down his cards. * I can already see what kind of dad Joong Won will be.

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-46-34]

Yi Ryeong says if reporters see you come to meet me like this it will cause complications. Kang Woo asks if she did this on purpose. Yi Ryeong: I told you before – cuz of the photo take on the subway reporters might write articles. don’t worry tomorrow another article will come out. Kang Woo: what other article? other than number one on search engines, will it come out on entertainment shows too? Yi Ryeong: scandals with me might do that. but don’t worry cuz you wont come out. Kang Woo: what? Yi Ryeong: tomorrow there will be a scandal about me and president Joo. in order to block the one with you it couldn’t be helped. why? cuz I am involved with president Joo are you worried about Tae Gong Sil? Kang Woo: how are you? you don’t have anything going on with president Joo so even if those articles go out - are you ok? you are a celebrity. she yells don’t worry for me. you rejected me. don’t look at me like that. it’s better if you glared. Kang Woo: what can I do for you? I don’t want to impose on you. she says it’s ok it’s not the first time having a scandal – I will take care of it so go. he says call if you need anything and leaves

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-31-51]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-42-47]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-49-38]

Gong Sil finds Joong Won sitting outside. she sits next to him and asks you didn’t leave yet. Joong Won: I was formally invited so I need to hear the home owner say go well before I can get up (and leave). Gong Sil: go well. Joong Won: you put away the blanket well and the recycling sorting you were going to do together -did you leave him some? Gong Sil: you read it? Joong Won: yes I read it. Gong Sil: but you cant read. Joong Won: I wasn’t reading. even though I don’t read it with my own eyes, if I want to read -there are many ways to read. Gong Sil: that’s true – whatever you want it works out. if you want to know you know – if you don’t want to know you can just ignore it. must be nice. Joong Won: you said you could handle all that. Gong Sil: I thought about a way for you to be safe. that story about the wolf and goat. for the goat – even though there is a wolf next to him who could catch him and eat him, do you know how he was able to feel safe? it was cuz he knew how much the wolf liked him. because the wolf liked the goat so much, he believed/trusted that he would never catch him and eat him and protect him so that is why he was able to feel safe. so you be safe too – like the wolf, I will protect you. believe it. Joong Won’s gaze lingers at her for a long time. Gong Sil: go now cuz it will rain tonight -hurry and leave before it rains hard. she goes inside.

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-55-49]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-56-57]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-59-58]

She looks out the window and says I really hate days when it rains. I’m so scared so what to do. She didn’t know it but Joong Won was standing next to her. she sees him and gets startled. Gong Sil: why didn’t you go and came back again? Joong Won: you said you were the most scared of water ghosts. on days it rains – what else would come out but water ghosts. on a day like this -don’t you need me more? Gong Sil: on days it rains I am more scared. she mutters to herself - but I told him in such a cool way to leave so how could I ask him to stay again. I’m going crazy. He heard and says since you said you would protect me and to trust you so I will believe you and go a little later. 

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[04-00-52]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[04-05-46]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[04-06-16]

He propels her over to her bed and makes her sit. Joong Won: sleep. he sits down too and sees the look on her face. Joong Won: for real – just hold hands and sleep. you cant have other thoughts. I trust you. it’s so hot. he takes off his jacket. what are you doing? he puts her feet on he bed, holds her hand, and tells her to sleep. he makes her lie down.

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-04-44]

During the storm, he watches her sleep and remembers what Gong Sil said earlier pretending to be a ghost “cuz of you chasing them away - she cant do anything at all and she said she is hurting a lot. she is hurting a lot you bad guy.” Joong Won: I will act like Tae Gong Sil hurting was relayed to me. cuz I don’t plan to openly hug a girl who is hurting. using ghosts as an excuse to hug isn’t bad. he lightly pets her hair and falls asleep sitting holding her hand.

주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-50-10]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-50-29]주군의 태양.E12.130912.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-50-45]

She wakes and almost touches his hair as he sleeps by her bedside. she remembers how he said “my heart keeps going to you so it’s upsetting and not being able to stop that hurts my pride. so I am scared to death too.” Gong Sil: cuz he is scared he cant read text - I cant make him scared too.

She wakes up in the morning and he is gone. She looks down at her empty hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment