Thursday 15 August 2013

Kathy Bates & Angela Bassett Reveal New Spooky American Horror Story: Coven Character Details!

kathy bates angela bassett american horror story

When we first heard that acting legends Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates were cast in American Horror Story: Coven, we thought it was too good to be true, but it's REALLY happening!

No, really! LOLz!

The supernaturally talented Angela and Kathy will play characters loosely based on real-life historical figures voodoo queen Marie Laveau and serial slave killer Madame LaLaurie respectively.

Angela explained:

"It’s been interesting, being in New Orleans, because there’s such a regard and respect for who she was. She lived to about 80 years old, and she was a very influential person in the city. My character is based loosely on her.”

And Kathy continued:

“My Southern accent has come roaring back. Now that that cat is out of the bag, one of the things I enjoyed reading about Madame LaLaurie is that my great-great-grandfather came from Dublin to New Orleans in the 1830s, and he became personal physician to Andrew Jackson. And I read in the book on LaLaurie that his plantation was next door to theirs. So, I was very curious to know whether my grandfather ever met her because I think he would have been there just before she left. I thought that was interesting.”

Voodoo??! Mass murder??! Sounds naughty! We're in!!!

We can't wait to hear more about what TV genius Ryan Murphy has in store when the witchy extravaganza premieres October 9!!!

[Image via WENN.]

Tags: american horror story, american horror story coven, angela bassett, kathy bates, murder, new orleans, ryan murphy, tv news, voodoo



No comments:

Post a Comment