Sunday 30 June 2013

G-Dragon talks about his ‘One Of A Kind’ World Tour Concert in Singapore

G-Dragon, an all-rounded K-Pop star and leader of popular boy group Big Bang, came to Singapore with a bang for his solo concert.

For the first time, the superstar stepped out of Korea for his solo concert around the world, including Singapore. His concert is choreographed with the help of famous choreographers Travis Payne and Stacy Walker, who have previously worked extensively on Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’ tour.

G-Dragon One Of A Kind World Tour Live in Singapore, truly one of a kind, took place on 29 and 30 June at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Dressed with a ‘One of a Kind’ cap, black tee, stylish gold striped pants and black shades, the star spoke with the media and almost froze everyone on ground with his coolness.

This is not your first solo world tour, is there any point of time during this world tour that you miss your band members?

G-Dragon: It is always good to have them around, it is fun with them and I like working with them. When times are hard and I feel a little lonely during my tour, I would really like to have them around. They have been a great support; because those who are available would come down to support me so I’m thankful to them.

 

You became the first South Korean artist to perform solo in Japan, how did you feel? Was it a plan to set such a record for yourself?

G-Dragon: I’m very happy that all my dome tours in Japan were very successful. This is all thanks to my fans. It has never really been my goal to set records like that but as I go on, my goals become bigger as well. I will continue to work hard to fulfill all expectations from me.

‘One of A Kind’ concert has gotten really great reviews – the dance, the songs, the setup and especially the costumes. What kind of costumes can concert goers look forward to?

G-Dragon: It’s been about three months since I started this world tour, and I have been changing my costumes here and there a little. Particularly, I like the opening costume I have in every tour and it looks cool on stage. I’m sure you guys will like it too.

 

In the last press conference in Taiwan, you had a really special costume. You were going for an ‘Auntie’ look?

G-Dragon: For the hat that I wore during my last conference, I just like the hat, so I wore it. As someone who needs to present myself constantly to the public, I get the pressure that I always have to show a new look. I’m always trying, but I guess sometimes I tend to overdo it and it could be a little uncomfortable for those seeing it, but I still get your support for me, so I am thankful for that.

There are four different themes to the concert, which theme is the most difficult theme for you?

G-Dragon: All the stars have been there for me during the planning stage, but particularly during the middle and ending part, there is this song where I was under the rain and all. Nevertheless, I really find myself to be part of the music and I can still concentrate in the performance.

 

One of the themes is a musical theme. What was the idea behind your choreography that had one of the dancers fly across the stage?

G-Dragon: That particular scene is the one that I just mentioned; the one with the rain and nightmare, As a performer, I think it’s important that the music gets visually presented so I try to express the nightmare that I’m in, as well as the lady that I’m longing for in the performance, so that’s why it’s in such a presentation.

 

During this concert, we have 2NE1 as your special guest; who are your special guests in Korea’s concert as well? What kind of chemistry are you expecting from them in your concert?

G-Dragon: For 2NE1, I like them, just like all other YG artistes, and I trust them with their performance. As this is my last tour, I would like to end it special and I trust them to help me achieve that effect.

Is the style of your new album something like from Big Bang or will it be a very unique G-Dragon style?

G-Dragon: Looking back at all the work I produced, it is all the kind of music that I like. I have always tried to produce something which I like, which may be a little selfish of me, but I hope all of you will like what I like and please continue to support me.

 

Before concluding the press conference ONE Production’s Mr Ngiam took some time to share his thanks to GD and YG Entertainment‘s Mr Jung, and Live Nation’s Yung Bae. G-Dragon also concluded by saying that he loved Singapore. The press conference ended after a brief photo-taking of Mr Ngiam and G-Dragon.

Event Coverage: Janel Ku@hellokpop

Photographer: Kenny So

'); (function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); } }); $.post('http://www.hellokpop.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php', { action: 'fbc_ping', post_id: '44376', nonce: 'e5466eeac4' }); })(jQuery);



No comments:

Post a Comment