Friday 28 June 2013

Sung Joon takes a bubble bath

girlfriday: …and we all have a better day.

javabeans: I mean, as far as news goes it's not exactly doing much. Yet it's doing a lot to make me happy, so who's to argue against it?

girlfriday: Though Bazaar didn't have to be so stingy with the teeny tiny photos of bath time. I mean, look at the soapy hairdos! Want moar!

javabeans: Maybe circulation is down. Gotta muster up interest somehow. And being a tease with nekkid photos of Sung Joon may have us cursing their name, but also shelling out the dough to buy it in all its glossy glory.

girlfriday: It IS the definition of a tease. I have to say, I'm glad he's making the rounds doing promo for his horror movie Scary Story 2 because his look in Gu Family Book is not doing it for me.

javabeans: What, the stern horse-hair blunt cut isn't rocking your socks? It's like a mullet turned sideways, where it's all business on top, all party on bottom.

girlfriday: I'm pretty sure that is a mullet, though I'm not an expert on that.

javabeans: There's a subtle difference: mullets are front versus back, and here we're talking literal top and bottom where the top is slicked back and serious, and the bottom is just blowin' in the breeze. But it's okay, I think NOT being keyed in to the nuances of mullethood is probably the better way to be.

girlfriday: I swear though, hair isn't the only reason I'm looking forward to seeing him in other stuff. He's just been… better in other things.

javabeans: True, and plus I don't really think that's a drama that speaks to subtle characterizations anyway. He's better in complex roles, not the broad-strokes-anybody-could-play-em ones.

girlfriday: Well, a character with an arc would be a good place to start.

javabeans: Anyway, I'm glad said rounds doing promo for Scary Story 2 are not horror-movie-inspired, because I much prefer bubbles and soap mohawks to blood and terror. He should do bubbles and soap mohawks always.

girlfriday: Always and forever. The other shoot for Vogue with his co-star Lee Soo-hyuk, I don't really get. I mean, they're pretty. They look kinda depressed. And/or sleepy.

javabeans: Maybe when you have enough pretty, you don't need a concept. *flips hair*

Via Chosun, TV Daily

RELATED POSTS

  • Teaser and stills for Scary Story 2
  • Gu Family Book: Episode 1
  • Sung Joon joins Gu Family Book
  • Up-and-comers in Scary Story 2
  • Sung Joon: A brighter role next time?
  • Shut Up: Flower Boy Band: Episode 1
  • White Christmas: Episode 1
  • Interview with the Vampire (Idols)
  • What's Up: Episodes 1-2
  • Vampire Idol: Episodes 1-3
[embedded content]
Tags: conversation post, Lee Soo-hyuk, photo shoots, Sung Joon


No comments:

Post a Comment